This example demonstrates some of the most popular capabilities of RadGrid working
together in a rent-a-car scenario. The car details are displayed with the help of
the NestedViewTemplate. The booking form resides within a RadWindow control's ContentTemplate
and contains two ASP.NET Panels that are switched dynamically at runtime. The columns
in this RadGrid use three different filter setups:
- built-in filter controls
- filter template with RadComboBox bound to EntityDataSource control
- filter template with RadComboBox containing static (declarative) items
When working with DataGrids, fast loading of large data while having advanced Excel-like
operations has always been a challenge. Having solid experience in web technologies,
we designed our AJAX powered ASP.NET Grid to eliminate this tradeoff. Codeless databinding,
rich client-side operations, and a myriad of features topped with unbeatable performance
is what defines the Telerik RadGrid for ASP.NET AJAX.
About RadGrid for ASP.NET AJAX
RadGrid and 80+ other controls are part of UI for ASP.NET AJAX, a comprehensive toolset taking care of the
common functionality of your application, while leaving you with more time to work
on its business logic.
The multi-column headers are also demonstrated here. All the columns are grouped
within parent groups which help the visitors easily distinguish the information
The Save and Load buttons use the Persistence Framework to save/load the settings for
the current user.
The data binding is performed within the NeedDataSource event thus taking advantage
of the advanced data-binding capabilities offered by RadGrid.
- Integrated paging, sorting, filtering and grouping functionalities.
- Insert, Update and Delete operations.
- Hierarchy and NestedViewTemplate
- Data-binding – Server-side, Client-side and WebService
- Scrolling with Static Headers and Frozen Columns
- Selecting Cells and Rows
- Export to PDF, MS Word, MS Excel, and CSV
- Multi-column headers and Keyboard support
- Column Resize, Reorder and Show/Hide
- Row Resize and Drag and Drop
- Adaptive Mobile Rendering