This online demo demonstrates the export to PDF feature of RadGrid.
The approach is very straightforward - to export the grid content to PDF format simply use the ExportToPdf() server-side method. You can configure the exporting
settings for the grid through the RadGrid.ExportSettings section. Also there is additional sub-category (Pdf) dedicated on various configuration settings
for the exported .pdf document. The filter property play a key role if you want to decrease the file size or enable better portability of the stream content for environments
which have restrictions. You can compare the size of the files when using different filters.
What is demonstrated on this demo:
- Choose border type from the first ComboBox.
- Choose whether to display header and footer into the exported file from the second ComboBox.
- Choose a content filter from the third ComboBox.
- Click the 'Export to PDF' button on top to export the grid content.
- See how the images/grid appearance/nested tables in the template column are configured for export.