The current example demonstrates RadGrid's capability for inserting new data, updating existing data and deleting data handled using RadGrid public API and Eintity Framework.
Main points in this demo:
- Using GridEditCommandColumn to change the edit state of an item in the grid
- Handling Update server event
- Handling Insert event and new record insertion with the build-in insert mechanism
- Extracting the new values from the cells for each column thus simplifying the code required to insert/update items.
- How Telerik RadGrid automatically extracts the new values from the cells for each column
You may also see how to utilize Telerik OpenAccess ORM as a data access layer for our AJAX controls by visiting the OpenAccess ORM live demos here.