RadEditor provides a rich Client-Side API and event model. You can attach custom
All client-side events are exposed as string properties to the RadEditor instance
Below is a list of all client-side events and methods that are currently supported
- OnClientInit - fired before RadEditor initialization
- OnClientLoad - fired after the RadEditor is loaded on the
- OnClientCommandExecuting - fired just before a command is executed
- OnClientCommandExecuted - fired after a command is executed
- OnClientSelectionChange - fired when the selection within the editor content
area has changed
- OnClientModeChange - fired when the editor's mode is changed
- OnClientSubmit - fired when the editor saves its content just before
a postback/ajax request
- pasteHtml - Pastes HTML content to the cursor position.
- set_html - Replaces the current content with a new one.
- setFocus - Sets the focus on RadEditor.
- get_html - Returns the editor content as HTML.
- get_text - Returns the editor content as plain text.
- getSelection - Returns a reference to the
current RadEditorSelection object.
- getSelectionHtml - Returns the HTML of the selection.
- fire - Executes RadEditor commands.
- getToolByName - Returns tool so for the purposes of client-side
- get_contentArea - Returns a reference to the editor's content area.
- showExternalDialog - Shows a dialog with the supplied arguments.
- attachEventHandler - Attaches an event to its handler.
More information is available in the following help article:
Getting familiar with Client-Side API.