Alt + AccessKey in IE / Chrome,
Alt + Shift + AccessKey in FireFox,
Shift + Esc + AccessKey in Opera,
or use Tab to move to and focus the control.
RadDropDownTree is fully navigable using the keyboard. You can navigate to a RadDropDownTree
instance using the Tab if you set the TabIndex property of
In addition, you can use a shortcut if you set the AccessKey property.
In this particular example, the TabIndex was set to 1 (first tab stop)
and AccessKey is the letter typed inside the TextBox, meaning the RadDropDownTree
should receive focus when users press Alt + The letter typed inside the TextBox(Alt
+ Shift + The letter typed inside the TextBox for FF)
Once the RadDropDownTree is focused, you can open the dropdown using Alt + DownArrow.
Alt + UpArrow closes the dropdown. To navigate to the filter and the embedded
tree, you can use the Tab.
- Alt + W focuses the control. (W is the AccessKey)
Dropdown keyboard support
- Press Alt + DownArrow / UpArrow
(Shift +Alt + DownArrow / UpArrow) to open/close
- After the dropdown is opened you can also use the Esc to close it.
- Use the Tab to navigate to the filter and the embedded tree.
Once the tree is focused use the arrow keys to navigate and expand/collapse the
nodes as it is done and described in this RadTreeView demo.
- Press Space to select a node.
- Press Enter to select a node and close the dropdown.