This example demonstrates how you can use the keyboard to control RadColorPicker. You can focus the elements
of the color picker and iterate through them using the Tab key or, alternatively, you can use a shortcut if you set the
To focus the ColorPicker using the access key:
- under IE and Chrome use Alt + AccessKey
- under Firefox use Shift + Alt + AccessKey
- under Opera use Shift + Esc and then AccessKey
Depending on the different configurations of RadColorPicker, the
AccessKey gives focus to different elements in the color picker.
You can examine the different scenarios below:
Case: ShowIcon is set to true
The AccessKey gives focus to the button
element that opens the palette. After the color picker has been focused:
- Alt + DownArrow / UpArrow opens/closes the palette.
- Enter opens/closes the palette.
- Esc closes the palette.
Case: ShowIcon is set to false
The AccessKey gives focus to the first tab in the tabstrip. After that:
- Tab navigates forward amongst tabs.
- Shift + Tab navigates backwards
- Enter selects the active tab.
Case: PaletteModes is set to WebPalette
The AccessKey gives focus to the first color box in the palette. When the focus is in the WebPalette
- DownArrow, UpArrow, LeftArrow and RightArrow navigate amongst color boxes.
- Enter will select the active color
Case: PaletteModes is set to RGBSliders, HSV or HSB
the AccessKey gives focus to the input corresponding to the Red channel. After that:
- Tab navigates forward amongst inputs.
- Shift + Tab navigates backwards.
- Enter selects the color.
In case you have specified a TabIndex for the color picker, this TabIndex is applied to all elements in the control.