Blazor TextArea - Overview
- VIEW SOURCE
- EDIT IN TELERIK REPL
- Change Theme
The TextArea component is part of Telerik UI for Blazor, a professional grade UI library with 100+ native components for building modern and feature-rich applications. To try it out sign up for a free 30-day trial.
The Telerik UI for Blazor TextArea is a multiple line form input element that provides you with features beyond the typical browser control. Among the most popular features are automatic resizing according to user input, events to respond to user actions and configuration options for easy customization.
The Blazor TextBox configuration options are what makes it so powerful:
- Value: Can be used for binding.
- AutoComplete: Access and use or modify the browser’s autocomplete feature.
- Class: Use the “k-textarea” class to modify the component’s style.
- Autosize: With this enabled, the TextArea will automatically resize based on user input.
- DebounceDelay: Set time between typed entries and value updating.
- Placeholder: Set a string in the input area to instruct or direct the user.
- ValidateOn: Configure the event that will trigger validation.
The Blazor TextArea fires “blur” and “focus” events to help you create logic that responds to user actions.
The Blazor TextArea example above shows a use case where the user sends invitations to join a website and can use the TextArea to enter a message. A character counter has been added to illustrate that you can restrict users’ input. Note that you can explicitly resize the element by grabbing and dragging the corner. If you look at the “View Source” tab, you will see how the Blazor TextArea is implemented. You can also open it in the Telerik REPL to tweak the code yourself.