RadRibbonBar now supports keyboard naviagtion in pretty much the same manier as
the desktop RibbonBar, which can be found in Word/Excel etc.
Due to the specifics of the web browsers, activating the key hints is not possible
with a single command key as it is in the desktop ribbons (the ALT key). Instead,
a key combination should be used. The default combo is Alt + R, however, it is completily
possible to customize it using the CommandKey and FocusKey,
which are part of the KeyboardNavigation configuration section.
Press ALt + R to activate the RibbonBar and show the key hints.
Important: The keynavigation will only work if there is a tabindex set on the ribbon.
Due to how the browsers work, it is not possible to focus the ribbon otherwise.
- Press a key hint key in order to:
- Click on button
- Toggle a button
- Open split button menu
- Open a menu
- Open an application menu
- Open an application split menu item
- Click an application menu item
- Open a gallery
- Open a dropdown
- Open a combobox
- Open a colorpicker
- Pressing ESC performs a step backward and shows the key hints on the previous level
- Pressing ESC when the focus is on the tabs level will call blur on the RibbonBar.