A critical requirement for software accessibility is keyboard support as a complete
alternative to pointing devices (mouse, etc.).
Keyboard support is comprised of command key, focus key, and keyboard navigation.
RadComoboBox will seamlessly switch between mouse and keyboard navigation.
In order to configure keyboard support with RadComboBox its KeyboardNaviagationSettings should be set:
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" >
<KeyboardNavigationSettings CommandKey="Alt" FocusKey="M" />
The KeyboardNavigationSettings exposes two properties to configure
the keyboard combination that sets focus to the control:
- FocusKey: An upper-case letter or number.
- CommandKey: Ctrl , Alt, Shift, or any combination of two of these keys.
When there are multiple ComboBoxes on a given page, each of them may have a different activation combination.
In this particular example, the [CommandKey] and the [FocusKey] can be customized in the Demo Configurator.
Once the RadComboBox is focused (by pressing [CommandKey] + [FocusKey]):
- PressAlt + DownArrow to expand the dropdown.
- Press Alt + UpArrow or Esc to close the dropdown of the control.
- Press DownArrow/UpArrow to navigate through the items.
- Press Enter to select an Item.